Treating Reading & Dyslexia
Dyslexia Center of Tulsa utilizes evidence-based research in the fields of occupational therapy, speech language pathology and reading to treat those with characteristics of dyslexia or are slow readers. Mulit-senory approaches are utilized to ensure the executive cognitive function skills, sensory processing and phonological processing skills are uniquely brought together to bring our clients to grade level reading. Here is how it works:
1. Initial Evaluation
- Identifies the characteristics most associated with the type and severity of dyslexia.
- Assesses a child’s current skill level in reading, spelling and multiple cognitive functions (memory, visual-motor integration, etc.)
- Testing takes approximately 2.5 to 3 hours.
2. Consultation to review assessment.
- Results provided in 5 to 7 days.
3. Create individualized Therapy Plan
4. 1:1 In-Clinic Therapy
5. Individualized Home Therapy
6. Six month re-evaluation
7. Continued Therapy or Graduation
8. Final Evaluation & Consultation
Individualized Plan for Persistently Slow Readers or those with characteristics of Dyslexics
Weekly 2-hour session with a licensed occupational therapist, licensed certified occupational therapist assistant, speech language pathologist or teacher – assigned per your child’s needs .
Sight Word, Pre-Reading Skills and Phonics Program Phonic Learning Lessons/Skills & Wilson Reader Phonics.
Learning Skills Training – Phonemic Awareness, Phonological Memory, Auditory Memory, Visual Memory, Sequential Memory, Visual Perception, Visual Motor Integration, Eye Tracking and MORE…
Home Therapy Program
Advanced Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension Program
Re-evaluations every 6-months
… in 5 lessons can teach your child keyboarding in order of the alphabet!