Schedule Dr. Stack for a Dyslexia Presentation
Penny’s real-life experience growing up with undiagnosed dyslexia and the discovery of her own daughter’s struggle with dyslexia was the catalyst to approaching the treatment of dyslexia from a wholistic mindset. Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT is the founding owner of Dyslexia Center of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Penny has over 30 years of experience as an occupational therapist that include working with children who have special learning needs. Penny is certified in Handwriting Without Tears, received her Master’s in Occupational Therapy at Samuel Merritt College, Oakland California and her Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy at Loma Linda University. Her research on closed head injuries and cognitive retraining has been published in Brain Injury Journal. Penny has dedicated her current research to Dyslexia and Its Impact on Occupation: The lived experience. Penny is a nationally sought out speak and currently speaks for PESI on Dyslexia Building NEW Neuropathways to Master Visual and Auditory Memory, Visual Perceptual Skills, Visual Motor Skills Development and More!
Increasing awareness that dyslexia is far more reaching than its impact on reading and learning is a mission close to Penny’s’ heart. Penny is available to speak at your next professional development day, faculty retreat, PTA meeting, lunch and learn or advocacy group! Bio
Choose from on of the topics below or let us know your need for a custom presentation!
- The neuroscience behind the etiology of dyslexia
- The power of observation (based on observation alone how to identify at risk for dyslexia and possibilities of how to address it prior to formal evaluation)
- How to interpret an evaluation to develop a treatment plan (interpretation of scores and thresholds for treatment and recommendations of strategies)
- Executive Cognitive Function required for reading success
- Therapy for Dyslexia (Speech, OT and PT)
- Strategies and Accommodations for Academic Success
- Beyond Reading: The real impact of Dyslexia
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918-313-5518 to learn how your organization can book Dr. Stack to speak at your event FREE of charge.