COVID-19 Updates and Information
We are pleased to announce in-person therapy sessions are back!
As a parent, we respect your personal decision to resume in-person services or continue with us online. To best help you in making your decision we have prepared a policy in which in-person services will be provided. Please review our health and safety policies below as you are making your decision to receive services in-person or online:
- If your child has been exposed to a known person with active COVID-19 within the past 14 days, a fever of 100 degrees F or more, sore throat, dry cough, headache, nausea and/or vomiting, loss of taste or smell please reschedule their appointment. Sessions may resume once your child is symptom-free for 7 days.
- If anyone in your home actively has COVID-19 or is currently under quarantine please contact our office to arrange for session to be virtual or rescheduled.
- Upon arrival please text the clinic that you have arrived for your appointment. The learning partner will meet your child at the door. Only 1 person (your child) is permitted in the clinic per appointment. The learning partner will walk your child to the door for pick-up.
- Upon arrival, your child will only be permitted to bring in their home therapy please have them leave their backpacks, phones, snacks, and beverages in the car. Eating and drinking will not be permitted.
- The waiting room will be closed.
- Upon arrival, your child will need to wear a mask (please provide a clean mask for your child). We have installed plexiglass dividers at the desks so the mask can be removed for clearer communication while in session. Please let your child know they will need to wear their mask in and out of the session and when not at their desk.
- Sinks in the therapy room are available for washing hands upon arrival, upon departure, and anytime in-between when appropriate (i.e., a child who may touch their face after a cough or a sneeze). Hand sanitizer continues to be provided at every desk.
- We are adhering to social distancing. No more than 3 children will be scheduled during the same time frame so we may be seated 6 feet apart.
- Sessions will be 90 minutes instead of 110 minutes (for 2hr time slots) and 45 minutes instead of 50 minutes (for 1hr time slots) to allow for cleaning in-between clients.
- At any time, pending the health of our community, we may transition back to 100% online.
- DCT staff will also stay home if they have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the past 7 days, experience a fever of 100 degrees F or more, sore throat, dry cough, headache, nausea, and/or vomiting, loss of taste or smell. In this case, your appointment will be rescheduled. They will resume work after 7 days symptom-free.
- Unvaccinated DCT staff will wear a mask when walking about the clinic
- All DCT staff will use the plexiglass desk workspace dividers in sessions
- All DCT staff will sanitize the workspace and material after each client use
As always, please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. You may call our office at 918-313-5518 Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 3:00 pm or email: email@example.com