COVID-19 Updates and Information
As a parent, we respect your personal decision to resume in-person services or continue with us online. Effective June 8, 2020 Dyslexia Center of Tulsa will resume in-person services. To best help you in making your decision we have prepared a policy in which in-person services will be provided. Please review our health and safety policies below as you are making your decision to receive services in-person or online:
- If your child has been exposed to a known person with active COVID-19 within the past 14 days, a fever of 100 degrees F or more, sore throat, dry cough, headache, nausea and/or vomiting, loss of taste or smell please reschedule their appointment. Sessions may resume once your child is symptom free for 14 days.
- Upon arrive please text the clinic that you have arrived. The learning partner will meet your child at the door. Only 1 person (your child) is permitted in the clinic per appointment. Parent conferences will occur via Zoom or by phone call instead of in person at end of the session. Please download the Zoom app to your phone to connect. The learning partner will text you 20 min prior to end of the session and again at the end of the session that your child is ready for pick up. They will walk your child to the door for pick up.
- Upon arrival, your child will only be permitted to bring in their home therapy please have them leave their backpacks, phones, snacks, and beverages in the car. Eating and drinking will not be permitted.
- The waiting room will be closed.
- Upon arrival, your child will need to wear a mask (please provide a clean mask for your child). We have installed plexiglass dividers at the desks so the mask can be removed for clearer communication while in session. Please let your child know they will need to wear their mask in and out of the session and when not at their desk.
- The bathrooms will be closed, with the exceptions of emergencies. Please make sure your child has used the bathroom prior to the session. Sinks in the therapy room are available for washing hands upon arrival, upon departure and anytime in-between when appropriate (i.e., a child who may touch their face after a cough or a sneeze). Hand sanitizer continues to be provided at every desk.
- We are adhering to social distancing. No more than 3 children will be scheduled during the same time frame so we may be seated 6 feet apart.
- Sessions will be 90 minutes instead of 110 minutes (for 2hr time slots) and 45 minutes instead of 50 minutes (for 1hr time slots) to allow for cleaning in-between clients.
- At any time, pending the health of our community, we may transition back to 100% online.
- DCT staff will also stay home if they have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, experience a fever of 100 degrees F or more, sore throat, dry cough, headache, nausea and/or vomiting, loss of taste or smell. In this case your appointment will be rescheduled. They will resume work after 14 days symptom free.
- DCT staff will wear a mask when walking about the clinic
- DCT staff will use the plexiglass desk workspace dividers in sessions
- DCT staff will sanitize the workspace and material after each client use
As always, please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. You may call our office at 918-313-5518 Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 3:00 pm or email: email@example.com