Dyslexia Center of Tulsa’s program for treating dyslexia has been successfully helping dyslexics of all ages reach their true potential since 2011 and uniquely combines proven cognitive and phonological multi-sensory therapies.
- Comprehensive Occupational Therapy and/or Speech Therapy
- 6 month re-evaluation
- Individualized Therapy Plan
- In-Clinic or Virtural Learning Therapy (1-on-1 or 1-on-2)
- Weekly Client Progress Updates
- Individualized Home Therapy
- Continued Therapy or Graduation
Occupational Therapy Evaluation & Consultation
- Identifies characteristics most often associated with specific type and severity of dyslexia.
- Assesses a child’s current skill level in reading, spelling and multiple cognitive functions (memory, visual-motor integration, etc.)
- Consultation to review assessment.
- Results provided in 7-14 days.
- Testing takes approximately 3-4 hours.
Individualized Treatment Plan
- Weekly 2-hour session or 5 one-hour sessions with an occupational therapy practitioner, speech language pathologist or teacher
- Individualized Plan – Updated Monthly
- Reading – specific Sight Word, Pre-Reading Skills and Phonics Program.
- Learning Skills Training – Phonemic Awareness, Phonological Memory, Auditory Memory, Visual Memory, Sequential Memory, Visual Perception, Visual Motor Integration, Eye Tracking and MORE…
- Home Excercise Program
- Advanced Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension Program
- Re-evaluations every 6-months
- All materials